Everyone say good morning to Pedro!
Today is Day 2 of the Bloggiesta Challenge, hosted by Natasha at Maw Books Blogs.
Here are the mini-challenges I completed yesterday:
•Pam from Bookalicio.us – There is nothing worse than seeing your post on somebody else’s blog. Talking about blog copyright and what you need to be doing to protect yourself.
•Beth from Beth Fish Reads – Using categories & labels to find what you’re looking for
•Jackie from Farm Lane Books – Do not lose it all! How to back up your blog.
- I added my own "Share This" widget. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while, and something that I've been able to help other bloggers with. It took me two hours to figure out, hopefully it won't take other bloggers half as long!
Here are the mini-challenges I will be working on today:
•Rebecca from The Book Lady’s Blog – 2010 Resolutions. You know you got them! I HAVE to write my review guidelines, FTC Statement, and put a few tabs into my blog for easy navigation!
- Many thanks to Kate at The Never Ending Shelf for patiently trying to help me add tabs. The tabs for easy navigation aren't so easy to add to this blog. I'm still working on it, but I had to thank Katie for all her help!
•Trish from Hey Lady! Watcha Readin’? – What the heck are favicons and gravatars and why you should have them.
- I have figured out what favicons and gravatars are, and I want them. Unfortunately, I am on Blogger instead of Wordpress, so no gravitars for me. And I know what I want my favicon to be...I just have to make sure I'm not infringing on anyone's copyright before I start to use it. I wish this bloggiesta could go on for another week, just so I could "brand" myself a bit better. I wouldn't say this mini-challenge is complete...more like on-going.
•Jill at Fizzy Thoughts – Just when you thought the feed reader was halfway managed Jill asks you to visit other bloggers. Google Reader is a little out of control, I need to clean it up.
- I have added some Google Alerts and made some folders for my Google Reader. Don't ask me which blogs are in my must read folders and which are just for laughs. I can share with you that Cake Wrecks is in my just for laughs folder. I love that blog!
Here are the mini-challenges that are on-going:
•Pam from MotherReader - Blogging is about community, so check out this Comment Challenge (watch for a Mr. Linky to be up on Saturday for you to complete this challenge).
- I've been a commenting MANIAC this weekend. More comments to come from me...hopefully some of my readers are checking out these other blogs and commenting too. Come on, guys, make me look good. :)
•Chelle from Tempting Persephone – You have some great content. But can people find it? Here’s showing off the best of the best.
•Ruth from Bookish Ruth – Have you ever had your blog anaylzed? Now’s the chance! (When I'm all finished updating my blog on Sunday, I'm going to get a blog score, which I will share with everyone - good or bad. I'm keeing my fingers crossed!)
- Write New Reviews: I need to write 5 New Reviews this weekend and get caught up. I already have post-dated 3, but I need to get 5 more in the tank before the weekend is over!