Friday, January 8, 2010
Today is the start of Bloggiesta 2010, where bloggers come together to do some housecleaning, blog improvements, and simply make our blogs better. Many thanks to Natasha at Maw Books Blog for hosting this great challenge!
So, here are my own mini-challenges. Some ideas I have gotten from Maw Books Blog Mini-Challenge list. Others are my own resolutions, if you will. I may add to this list as I find out more great ideas throughout the weekend. As I complete a mini-challenge, I'll update this post to let you all know how I'm doing. Wish me luck!
1. Clean up Google Reader
2. My 2010 Resolution. If I do nothing else this weekend, I MUST write my New Review Guidelines
3. Add some new Widgets (including a "Share This" button)
- Check out my new fancy "Share This" button down below! Nice, huh? That only took me two hours. Ugh. I'm getting the geeky stuff out of the way first.
4. Write 5 new reviews
5. Add a button and list all my book reviews from 2009
Part A: Silly me. I had to un-tag and re-tag almost all of my old posts in order to do this. I am 90% sure I'm ok with my tags at this point, thanks to the Labels/Tags Mini-Challenge at Beth Fish Reads. (Nothing mini about that two-hour challenge, let me tell you!) Thanks, Beth!
6. Update my FTC statements/Amazon Associates status
7. What are favicons and Gravitars? I'm going to figure out the answer to that question and see how I can get me some of those! (Thanks, Trish from Hey Lady, Whatcha Readin')
8. I need to Back Up My Blog. (Thanks to Jackie from Farm Lane Books for this mini-challenge) The Man has been telling me to do this for months!
- Back up is complete! Now, I will no longer be afraid to mess around with my blog. Let the real Bloggiesta-ing begin!
9. As someone who has already had content stolen, I really need to learn how to protect myself from copyright theft. I'm joining Pam from Bookalicio.us on the quest to get my footers right.
- I have added a copyright tag to both post pages and feeds! Yep, another hour? GONE.
10. The main reason why I joined this challenge was to be a more active member of the Book Blogging Community. Thanks to MotherReader for this mini-challenge, where I will comment on at least 5 NEW blogs each day of this challenge.