BOOKS WITH BEAT
Today kicks off Teen Read Week - October 17th to October 23rd
About Teen Read Week: (from ALA)
Teen Read Week is an initiative of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA). Teen Read Week started in 1998. This year's theme is Books with Beat @ your library®," which encourages teens to read poetry, audiobooks, books about music, and more. Libraries across the world celebrate Teen Read Week with a variety of special events and programs aimed at encouraging teens to read for pleasure and to visit their libraries for free reading materials.
MY recommendation for Books With Beat:
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
To get your teens started, here is the Young Adult Library Services Association's Top 10 from 2009.
YALSA Top Ten 2009
- Paper Towns by John Green (Penguin/Dutton)
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic)
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (Simon & Schuster/Margaret K. McElderry)
- Identical by Ellen Hopkins (Simon & Schuster/Margaret K. McElderry)
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (HarperCollins)
- Wake by Lisa McMann (Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse)
- Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast (St. Martin's Griffin)
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (Disney-Hyperion)
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Harcourt/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
Official YALSA Blog (Young Adult Library Services Association)
Teens Vote for the 2011 Teen Read Week Theme!
Top 10 Nominees 2010
Top 10 2008
Top 10 2007
Top 10 2006